1. You must have an appointment. Check-in time is between 7:45 AM and 8:30AM. We open at 7:00 AM to release the surgical patients from the day before. Your pet will not be admitted before 7:45 AM. If you arrive after 8:30 AM we will not be able to admit your pet for surgery and will ask you to reschedule. We have a very strict schedule that must be followed.
2. We recommend that you have your pet vaccinated at least two weeks prior to your appointment so they have some immunity to common diseases. Distemper and Parvo are still common in GA and DEADLY so make sure your pets are up to date on shots before bringing them where they will be exposed to other animals.
3. All adult** animals must have food withdrawn the night before surgery by 12:00 midnight. They may have water. Pets must be kept indoors or confined. Any pet that remained outside all night without being confined will not be admitted for surgery. It is imperative that we guarantee that your adult pet did not have any food after midnight the night before surgery. **Animals 4 months or younger should have food until 6:00 AM the morning of surgery.
4. All dogs must be on a leash and all cats must be in an individual cat carrier. If you do not have a carrier for your cat, you will be required to buy a cardboard carrier for $5.00. (See Services & Fees page.)
5. You must complete the necessary admission forms when you arrive. You may stop by the clinic prior to your pets' scheduled surgery day and pick up the paperwork to save time the morning of your appointment. Admission typically takes 10 minutes to complete.
6. Animals over 8 years old will need to have bloodwork run at a full service veterinary clinic and cleared for surgery.
7. Please leave your animal in the car until you have completed all of the required paperwork. A technician will advise you when to retrieve your pet.
8. We accept cash or payment by VISA or MasterCard credit card (no checks accepted).
9. We require that you abide by GA state law and have a current rabies vaccination for your pet. If your pet does not have a rabies vaccine, we will administer it at a charge of $10.00. If your pet does have a rabies vaccine, please bring proof in the form of a tag or certificate. We have 3-year rabies vaccine available, but you have to have proof of a 1-year rabies first before we can administer a 3-year rabies.
10. All animals are held overnight and released the following morning at 7:00-7:30 AM M-F.